A good leave in conditioner is essential to healthy, moisturized, frizz free hair. Without one my hair gets so dry I’m pretty sure you could light a match with it.
I’m always on the hunt for a good moisturizing curl friendly conditioner.
I came across A brand called Cantu at Walmart when I needed some moisturizing cream. After ending up with the kids curling cream on accident I ended up loving it so when I ran out of my usual leave in conditioner I decided to try theirs. I’ve been using it for about two months now.
- The aim of the product
- Formulated to hydrate and soften dry, damaged, or coarse hair. Subsequently mending broken hair and split ends while adding shine. Ideal for relaxed and color treated hair.
- A thick cream that feels a bit more dense than regular conditioner.
- Main Ingredients
- Olive oil and Shea butter.
- Can it be used every day?
- Its not recommended. One to two times a week is ideal.
- Does it smell bad?
- It has a mild scent but it smells kind of like plastic and flowery to me. I don’t like it.
- Is it silicone free?
- No, it has silicone in it.
- A little goes a long way
- Made by a great company
- Doesn’t weigh hair down
- De-tangles hair
- Works on many different types of curly hair.
- Not as moisturizing as I thought it would be.
- Did not add shine to my hair.
- Hair remains frizzy.
- Doesn’t mix well with other products
Don’t get me wrong I absolutely LOVE Cantu’s other products and there are soooo many great reviews on this leave in conditioner… which makes me wonder why it didn’t work for me at all. My hair type is 3A (very curly) and dry. This leave conditioner has done absolutely nothing for my hair. I’ve tried it with and without other products it just never made any kind of difference.
Personal I would not recommend this leave in conditioner while I know others might swear by it. However I would recommend Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine leave in conditioner for $3 for my wavey and curly haired peeps instead (its worth check out at least).
What are your thoughts on this conditioner? How does it work for you? Do you want to try it?
Thank you so much for reading! Please don’t forget to share and leave a like <3